Last night once all the girls were in the chicken shed and the automatic door had closed I placed Dandelion on her roost spot. I was surprised to find an egg in the cat box.
This morning she was last out of the shed and when I checked her she looked just the same as the day before .
I cleaned her up once more and pushed the prolapse back in this time with some honey. Honey is hydrophobic, a natural antibiotic and sticky which may hold the prolapse in. It worked last year with Rusty’s first prolapse.
By lunch time when I returned from my deliveries and checked on Dandelion she looked the same once more. I was so disappointed that the honey hadn’t kept the prolapse in.
I bought her inside and repeated the process of cleaning her and pushing the prolapse back in with honey.
When I next checked on her she looked even more miserable. I am now worried that she may be in pain and I know that I can’t let this go on much longer.
Speckles was watching over her and keeping her company.
I had hoped that if she could keep the prolapse in she would stop laying and would have a chance to heal. Instead she looks so much worse in herself than yesterday. I can’t bare the thought of letting her go but I also I can’t bare the idea of her suffering.
I know that tomorrow I must make a decision based on how she is then. I only have a breakfast delivery tomorrow so as soon as I return I will make the decision and phone the vet for an appointment if she is no better.
I am feeling very heavy hearted right now.