I have agonised over the decision about Dandelion.  I have had many tearful moments. I have gone round and round the options and keep coming back to the same thing. With no tylan available to me I can’t risk keeping Dandelion. If she relapses again with no treatment our whole flock is at risk.

I decided to make an appointment at the vets for Monday afternoon giving us the weekend with Dandelion. I will spend time with her, take photos and give her treats. She can have as many sunflower hearts as she likes.


I have just taken this photo of Dandelion. She looks so beautiful. It is breaking my heart.

This entry was posted in Chickens. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Dandelion

  1. Jenny says:

    I am so, so, sorry to hear this. What an awful decision to have to make. It’s moved me to tears too. Please just keep in mind that you are making the right decision, for Dandelion it’s no more than going to sleep, and Cinnamon will make new alliances. I don’t envy you any of this – I hope she has the perfect weekend xx

  2. Carol says:

    Thank you so much for your kind words. It is so awful and I keep wrangling round it but I don’t see that I have any choice. I am slipping her extra treats. xx

  3. Sophie says:

    So sorry Carol – I’ve emailed you again xx

  4. Carol says:

    Thank you to Sophie and Dave who have e-mailed me rather than comment here. Both have been so kind and supportive and it means so much to me. xx

  5. Amy Sanchez says:

    Oh I’m so very sorry. I really feel for you. It’s such a tough decision to make.

  6. Carol says:

    I agonised over this and then Dandelion went rapidly down hill and made the decision for me. She looked so good when I took this photo but the next day she was struggling and I took her straight to the vet. I miss her so much.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *